Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
Thanks, all! I replaced that cap and turns out I guessed right on the ratings-found a remnant of the old one. Anyway, buttoned it back up and tried it for the first time myself. It powers up okay but shuts off after about 30 seconds. If you push the power button twice it will come back on and run for another 20-30 seconds. Nothing obvious getting hot. I then realized that this set has a timer, for turning it on-off. A-ha! So, I played with that...no dice. I even unhooked the switches that seem to control that, same thing.

Findm, I can't find a model number on this anywhere. The label on the back cover is faded to oblivion. I'll check in the light of day for a possible chassis number somewhere. I'll give it a few more days, if we can't come up with a solution guess I'll junk it. Chad, I'd be glad to send you those boards for cost of shipping. I'd at least like to be able to tell the owner that somebody got some use out of this. I might have some NOS/good used boards-let me know what numbers you need, if you get a chance. I could toss them in as well.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.