Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 08-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
Picture at last!

Good info, thanks again everyone. So, I need to find a CRT tester basically. I say that because if this Sylvania (rebuilt) CRT is one of their bad runs, then the project is a boat anchor. I am hoping that the set got the newer CRT during it's last couple of years of service and Sylvania or not, it will hold out for a while. If the tube is good I think the set is worth the time and $ involved in circuit repairs. Both a CRT and re-cap job to me would just be beyond reason for what I guess is a fairly common old Zenith 5111. I took the set in, mostly to save it from possible landfill duty. I have five other sets that need restoration to varying degrees! So, hopefully I will see some signs of life pretty soon. Maybe it will be a keeper! I think the Zenith is a nice looking set that is not too bulky. It certainly could not be more plain if it were a Muntz!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roundie in kitchen.jpg (64.2 KB, 99 views)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.