Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #26  
Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 AM
miniman82's Avatar
miniman82 miniman82 is offline
First Light: 1952-2011
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Mills, MD
Posts: 4,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc17 View Post
Did you try contacting Scotty? or is he done and gone now?

I have made arrangements with Scotty to drop the CRT back off at UPS, pending a damage claim- it's obvious now that the mask is off kilter.

I looked through the glass, and you can clearly see it has come off one of those locating pins on the inside. It slid towards the front, even taking some of the aluminized coating with it as it went. So, it's on it's way back.

I gotta say, I know how he's been in business for this long- CUSTOMER SERVICE. Something you'll never get when you call a 1-800#, and the guy on the other end rattles off a prompt card so fast in a thick accent you don't know what hit you. He even offered to rebuild my 'dud' as an act of good faith! Not that I have a dud, I ordered this tube as a spare, my original CYP is still perfect. We'll see what happens, hopefully we can work something out.

3 cheers for Hawkeye!
__________________
Evolution...
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.