Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
David Roper's Avatar
David Roper David Roper is offline
console lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,986
I believe another possibility is Westinghouse; I recall one from not long ago that looked similar.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Roper View Post
I believe another possibility is Westinghouse; I recall one from not long ago that looked similar.
The Westinghouse "Langdon" in this ad does indeed, look very similar ...but this is a 1955 ad. When did Westinghouse drop the asymmetric large ch knob in the bottom right side layout? Also, the CRT bezel on the "langdon" looks like it is white, rather than color matched to the CRT.
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1955-Westinghouse-Brochure.JPG
Earlier Westinghouse control layout here:
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1951-Westinghouse-Brochure.jpg
jr
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
RitchieMars's Avatar
RitchieMars RitchieMars is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fountain Inn, South Carolina
Posts: 244
I just found a few more photos, and I think this one may have the shot I've been looking for...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg christmastvlivingroom53.jpg (53.3 KB, 166 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.