Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-19-2005, 11:02 AM
roundscreen roundscreen is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: buffalo ny
Posts: 377
Here is a picture of the chassis#
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2005, 02:35 AM
yagosaga's Avatar
yagosaga yagosaga is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in Braunschweig
Posts: 690
Thank you for all that informations. Last night I soldered new resistors on the horizontal oscillator unit. When brought the set in operating mode again I read that horizontal output current increased up to 450ma.and I switched off the set at once. At the grid of the 6CB5 I found appr. +300v. !!! When I evaluated the unit I found a (small, just invisible soldered) short between c603 and R165 (on the printed circuit). Shame about me! Full B+ at grid of 6CB5. I tested 6CB5: short between screen and grid. After repairing +5v remained at the grid of the 6CB5. Next I will remove the chassis and will operate it outside the set, only for repairing and servicing the horizontal oscillator which is not working. Hope that nothing important more is defect - never touch a running system... hahaha.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2005, 07:20 AM
yagosaga's Avatar
yagosaga yagosaga is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in Braunschweig
Posts: 690
Hi folks! The ctc-5 is working again!
Beside the defect 6cb5, which I have replaced with the old 6cg5, I found a defect at the sine coil. Because of the extreme positive voltage at grid of the 6cb5 this voltage is linked to the grid of the 6cg7 too (via R165). The high current of the 6cg7 had burned out the sine coil. I found an interuption at one feet of the coil which could be soldered carefully.
For testing the chassis without crt and horizontal output unit I inserted a 4K 50watts resistor between chassis ground and +385v and used the 105v ac source to get clear +385v.
Without 385v d.v. at the horizontal output unit, I have now the correct -89v at grid of 6cg7 and -39v at grid of 6cb5 !!
Then I inserted the chassis into the set, testmeter at horizontal output current and grid of 6cb5, high voltage probe. The results: horizontal output current is 208ma, picture has full horizontal width, even in the smallest switch position.
The next readings: -37.8v at the grid of 6cb5 !! 19.25kv with the hv probe.
Some remarks: R608 has 103K. Plate voltage on pin 1 of the 6cg7 is 293v.
While renewing the resistors I found that R603 has 90K, should be 150K I have soldered a 150K resistor instead of 90K!
The other resistors had no out-of-tolerance values but some of them were crumbly, they broke while removing.
In the next days I will watch the set and its flyback how warm or hot it will be after 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes.
Thank you for all your support and patience with me.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.