Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #34  
Old 04-26-2009, 01:46 PM
rooster18 rooster18 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10
It's pretty much a giant wasteland. I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of reality shows, but just as bad is the batch of TV dramas that are constantly running. The relationships between fictional characters in their little "teams" of (insert whatever applies to the specific situation -- forensic people on the CSI shows, catty women in "Sex in the City", ridiculous boneheads in that silly Dinosaur show from BBC, whatever that is) is so completely unimaginative and boring, I can't see the point. About all I watch is "Forensic Files" and "Mastermind", and then I'll watch older TV shows sometimes that are timeless (the original Star Trek, Adam-12 once in awhile for nostalgia, Get Smart, Gilligan's Island, you know them all).

The funny thing on this thread is the disagreement over the news shows. Just take a look at the locations of the posters, and then try to say that there are no cultural stereotypes. It took me a minute, but I had to chuckle. Since I'm in Arizona, I'd imagine you can guess who I respect as an "Editorial Performer" (I wouldn't call ANY of them "newsmen" or "journalists"), and who I don't.

rooster.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.