Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 10-29-2004, 09:35 AM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
H.A.A.? Thats a good one! Might have to convert to that religion myself!

Last year at our town's hobby fair I set up a display of radios and tv's, including a 20s battery set, a display showing the progression from 01A's to compactrons to IC's...only one thing got much attention, though, and that was the Motorola VT71 playing Red Skelton. Mostly people wanted to know how this could be-maybe they thought somehow old tv's only pick up old tv shows, like the old wives tale that old radios will pick up old radio shows? I kept having to explain that there was a vcr hidden under the table. The fair is coming up again next week-I might take a '50 Philco 12". The volume is a little scratchy but I'll have it turned down, anyhow.

My wife loves showing off my collection to visitors-I always hope to get into a good discussion with folks but they pretty much just talk about the volume of the collection and thats all. Nobody wants to see anything demonstrated or hear the history of color television or anything fun like that.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.