Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
JesusJones JesusJones is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 187
Alright I have a 5k pot that looks like it can handle the current.
But I also have a 20k that is fairly small but looks like it might be able to hack it.(doesn't look cheap)
The 20k is 1.5 cm in diameter and 8mm wide. Anyone think it wouldn't burn up?

The 5k is 2.5 cm by 1.2 cm So I know it will handle it but its only 5 k. Not 15K(which is what I think it should be)


And I didn't post this message when I wrote it so the 5 k is already in there for testing purposes. But if some one thinks the 20 k one will work I will switch it.

We have horizontal folks. The tv with the new pot is showing a line that goes down the middle of the screen. Horizontally. The gassy sound has gone away. Maybe due to the new pot or electrical tape I wrapped around the HV line. And still when I turn it off it goes over the whole screen Then disapeers. I'm not sure if it is doing the square thing anymore though. It sorta seems like it But It's to bright outside to really tell. I HOPE TO GOD I DID NOT FRY SOMETHING.

Any one have a guess as to why the vertical would kick in just as you turn it off?

Also the 560 ohm resistor appears to no longer heat up. And checks in at 530 ohms. Amd from the resistor all the way to the vertical ouptut tube there is 1240 something ohms of resistance.

Last edited by JesusJones; 09-26-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Theres a line there
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.