Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
I would strongly advise against UPS shipping this TV (or anything that you want to arrive in one piece). Its worth the extra money to have someone get it to you safely via uship.com.
Interesting that someone put a cooling fan on back. I would remove that thing if I got the set. You dont need to worry about heat problems in zeniths. That fan can't be too old, was probalby put on in the last 15 years Id guess. This is a very rare model too. I say this because it appears that the VHF tuner has UHF tuning strips as I see UHF terminals on back, but it only has a VHF tuner. Ive been wanting to see a UHF channel strip zenith for the longest time. I figured it was an option that nobody ever wanted. Then again, it might not have the strips. If you look closely at the back you can see "UHF STRIPS" and there are no terminals in that spot. the tabs could have been placed in the wrong spot by the shop that but them in. Im curious if the channel indicator has different channel tabs for the UHF freq's as well. Has anyone ever seen UHF strips in any kind of zenith set? Very neat set though.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.