Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 06-02-2008, 10:12 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroking View Post
This brings a question regarding the U.S. market: what was the first year
in which sales of color sets exceeded sales of B&W sets? I don't have any
idea, does anybody know?
Darn, I used to know-it was somewhere in the 68-72 era, and I want to say the earlier. It's possible, though, that the figures I saw were based on total value of the sets sold and not production numbers. I had started a timeline based on the news reports in old trade magazines, but never took the time to get it very far.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.