Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Chad Hauris's Avatar
Chad Hauris Chad Hauris is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: West Texas
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
Chad, that's very encouraging, I must say. That's the same route I'd like to go... I'm lucky enough to have an outdoor antenna with a rotator!
I do have two questions, if I may?
1. What's the terrain like around your place?
2. What's the connection from the recorder to the TV? Did you need to add an RF modulator, or does the recorder (hopefully!) have a built-in RF modulator output to, say, channel 3 or 4?

Tom
Tom, the terrain between my house and the TV towers is pretty much all flat open prairie. The towers range between 2 and 30 miles away or so. Apparently according to the manual, the DVD unit/digital tuner does not have a built in RF modulator...it has an antenna output but not sure what function that serves...maybe just a pass-through from the input? I have the composite video output/audio hooked up to a seperate RF modulator.
__________________
Chad Hauris
http://www.youtube.com/user/retrochad
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.