Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 02-11-2008, 12:08 AM
dr.ido's Avatar
dr.ido dr.ido is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SE Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Hyrbid B&W sets were quite common around here in the late 60s and early 70s. This is the first time I've seen this particular chassis, but as a kid I kept finding the same hybrid chassis in everything from 17" portables to 25" consoles from Philips, Healing and Pye.

This sets fate hasn't been decided yet. I may get it up and running after all. My only concern is that I really don't have the space to keep more than one of these (I live in a 40 square meter 1 bedroom flat) and I've yet to find anyone locally who has any interest in these sets even after all the hard work is done.

If I had more space I would have picked up some of other stuff I saw while out making my rounds. The late 70s color sets I saw aren't nearly as interesting as your all tube color sets, or the early PAL sets from Europe with hyrbid chassis and delta CRTs, but I doubt anyone is bothering to save them.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.