Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 04-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Charlie's Avatar
Charlie Charlie is offline
On Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Warren, TX
Posts: 2,582
CTC-15 Update

Tonight I decided to hook up a picture toob to this CTC15 chassis. The only CRT I felt safe plugging in was in a wooden CTC11 set... this particular set's toob has severe cataracts and is weak on one of the guns, but works. I yanked the 11 chassis out, and half-ass squeezed the 15 chassis partially into the cabinet. It's not pretty, but will do for testing purposes.

After plugging the horz output tube back in, I had the pleasant sound of soft HV crackle, and then light on the screen with stations tuning in good... so good that I actually got a few Houston stations 90 miles away in addition to our own by only using an 18 inch jumper wire as an antenna.

The picture looked a bit out of focus, but that's likely from the cataracts... they're pretty bad all the way to the center of the screen. Looks like the color circuits are working as well. I let it run for 15 minutes and then decided it was way past bedtime.

Tomorrow I'll run it some more and do a few checks here and there. The chassis needs all of the pots cleaned, but was out of cleaner spray so I'll get some in the morning. Still got a few caps to upgrade with orange drops.

Since things are looking positive for this chassis so far, I'll get started on stripping the cabinet that it's going in. Feels good to know I'm making progress!

I was going to take some pictures of tonight's progress, but realized I left my camera at the camp today. Oh well. Here's a photo of the 11 that the 15 is squeezed into. As you can see, it needs some serious eye surgery!
__________________
Charlie Trahan


He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.