Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
I had a frustrating problem with a customer several years ago... He brought in a Sony 20" multisystem TV with the complaint "no color". I fooled with it (no schematic available), and I couldn't figure out what was going on with it. It had PAL, SECAM, and NTSC. What I didn't notice at first was that the NTSC was 4.43 and no provision for NTSC with 3.58 mc color, which of course explains why no color. He had bought it in Zimbabwe, Africa while on a religious mission, and brought it home. He was told when he bought it that it would work in the USA, but sadly, no. So maybe some small African countries use 4.43?????

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Telecolor 3007's Avatar
Telecolor 3007 Telecolor 3007 is offline
I love old stuff
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
I had a frustrating problem with a customer several years ago... He brought in a Sony 20" multisystem TV with the complaint "no color". I fooled with it (no schematic available), and I couldn't figure out what was going on with it. It had PAL, SECAM, and NTSC. What I didn't notice at first was that the NTSC was 4.43 and no provision for NTSC with 3.58 mc color, which of course explains why no color. He had bought it in Zimbabwe, Africa while on a religious mission, and brought it home. He was told when he bought it that it would work in the USA, but sadly, no. So maybe some small African countries use 4.43?????

Charles

Zimbawe uses P.A.L. Problably is an "Sony" made for Europe, where we use both P.A.L. and SECAM. N.T.S.C. 4.43 is olnly for play-back mode.

I know heard of people from Romania who bought tv's from U.S.A. and after that found that they couldn't use them here...
__________________
OLD, but ORIGINAL, not Made in CHINA.
Sailor Moon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.