Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 03-09-2004, 03:03 AM
domfjbrown domfjbrown is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Exeter
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMagnavox
domfjbrown: Yes, I have a few of ythem...two are mint and never used...but (sad to say) NONE of them really operates correctly!
He he he - well, I'd not worry too much; according to the Discovision site the Magnavox machines were bleeding edge technology, and very unreliable. For some reason they never managed to get the laser servos aligned properly on many of the first Magnavox machines, so the second generation Magnavox players were made by Pioneer. A real shame as the Magnavox machines were the first laser optical disc products in the world so very very high tech.

Interesting to note that they got the players working properly by the time the then-Laserdisc format made it here to the UK. Since I can't find a Pioneer combi that'll read analog audio LDs at the right price, I'm tempted to try to get an early Magnavox machine, just so I can play my first gen 1982 copy of Raise the Titanic... I definitely like the style of the first Maggies:
__________________
__________________
Make your choice, adventurous Stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.