Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12-25-2006, 11:22 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
My "lost" movie list

Several times I've posted on this forum in regards to films I'd seen and forgotten the title to or had my viewing pre-empted by my mother. "What are you watching, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!", "CLICK". These films for one reason or another were compelling, scary (to a youngster), or just plain odd to me. In each case I really wanted to see them again.

About 15 years ago, pre-internet, I found out the first one, The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. It is a Dr. Seuss tale. Even today I am still astounded by it. In the early 50's though it had to leave the audience shaking their heads. Supposedly Salvador Dali did the set design. I bought the VHS and need to replace it with a DVD. The color just pops off the screen.

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T.

Il Gigante di Metroplis is wacky Italian sci-fi. I just bought it and it is a hoot. This is a really strange flick. If you can get past the horrible acting and even worse dubbing, the tale is not bad and the set design terrific. There is an interpretive dance number worth the price of the DVD. They are deadly serious. Gene Roddenberry had to have seen this movie. In nearly every scene I kept thinking Star Trek, Season 1.

Giant of Metropolis

The Challenge has never been released to consumer video. It was made for TV, anti-war, & very nearly anti-US movie starring Darren McGavin. We are not the good guys and in the middle of Viet Nam, that was a hell of a thing for a movie message. I just found a 16mm transfer of it and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. This one is the big kahuna for me as it is a sci-fi & warfare film. I recall the McGavin was great too. I have wanted to see it again ever since I first saw it. From the comments posted at IMDB, perhaps my 12YO recollections aren't wrong.

The Challenge

Terror from the Year 5000 is unfortunately not on DVD or VHS. I'll keep digging until I find a dub or it gets released. I am sure it is camp but there was a very creepy undercurrent in this one. This one was identified by an audiokarma member.

Terror from the Year 5000

Something Wild has not been released either but shows up in art house screenings. That gives me hope that there is a clean transfer of it somewhere. Eventually I'll own this one. It was also identified by an audiokarma member. As it is such an obscure film and I only recalled one segment, that was an amazing occurence.

Something Wild (in the City)

Thanks to this forum for the assist!

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.