Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 09-30-2006, 06:49 PM
holmesuser01's Avatar
holmesuser01 holmesuser01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,731
I had a 25" Quasar dated December 1975. It was the big single board chassis. I remember it because it had a shorted power supply diode. I fixed it, and let it run for awhile. It developed an intermittent heater-cathode short in the kine. The owner swore up and down that I had caused the short. This went around for a few days, when the owners kid told me in front of his dad, that the colors were funny for months before it went dead. Dad had nothing else to say about it, paid me, and left.

Thats why I remember the set so well.

I have a 17" Motorola built set in my garage. When I get it dug out, I will post it here so I can have a bit of help in getting it going again. I accidentally installed a bad 6CW5 tube in it, and fried something. It tripps the breaker. It had a really nice picture before I killed it.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.