Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Carmine's Avatar
Carmine Carmine is offline
...enjoys spaghetti.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 1,612
Dead Flatscreens (value?)

As some of you may/may not know, I'm out in sunny AZ right now putting my shoulder to the wheel, trying to sell my house out here. It was purchased stritcly for investment, so there never was any "real" furniture. Well, I've decided to "stage" the house with a few chosen items (sofa, art, end tables, etc.)

It dawned upon me that although I'd consider a huge roundie Zenith Space Commander 600, in a danish modern cabinet, to be the shizzle.... ; most of the public does not.

There is a guy out here selling flatscreens from his garage, on the internet. I'm not joking, lol. I already e-mailed him and asked if he has any broken sets to sell. He replied that he sends any broken stuff back to the manufacturer, so dead end.

Just wondering if any of you techs could give me an idea where I might find a broken plasma/LCD, and if so, what's it worth? I'd care less if it even has any guts, in fact I'd rather it didn't, just to cut the weight.... I guess I'd even consider a cracked screeen, and just glue a poster over it.

Besides adding a little appeal to my house, I'd also enjoy ruining a modern set just like the fishtank people do with our classics.

Next post... Craigslist Wanted section...
__________________
From Captain Video, 1/4/2007
"It seems that Italian people are very prone to preserve antique stuff."
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.