Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Saw Superman Returns Today

A few of my friends had told me that the new Superman wasnt really an action movie,but a love story.
After having seen it this morning,Id have to say I really,really liked it.It was obviously made in the same style as the Superman flicks of the 70's and 80's.My first clue was when they used John Williams orignal theme in the credits,along with the same style titles.
And my friends were right,but now that I think about it,the old Superman films werent strict actioners either.
Everyone keeps mentioning that Routh isnt as good as Reeves was,but I thought he did a good job.The slight dissapointment for me was Lois Lane.Kate Bosworth is a good actress,and much more beautiful,but I just thought she wasnt right for the part.She doesnt have that offbeat,comedic quality that Margot Kidder had.
A fun film.I really enjoyed it.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.