|
Wrong Turn...
...Caught this one this evening on FX, I think. The blurb on it was "Medical students get persued by inbred cannibals in West Virginia. Goody goody gumdrops, methinks, a cross between "Deliverance" and that creepy episode of the "X-files" about the inbred family that rode around in a '58 Cadillac that the radio kept playing "Wonderful, Wonderful". Might have been a pretty fair diversion for a Sunday afternoon, except the thing was filmed/videotaped so dark, there was almost nothing to see. I understand about darkness lending an aura of mystery & foreboding & all that sort of happy horseshit, but PUH-LEEZE !!! Even the scenes that were outside in the sunlight were dark...Every now & then, you'd see the hideous deformed "boogermen" for about 5 seconds, or catch a glimpse of a severed hand or ear or somesuch. About the only thing that saved it was that the female leads were both well-endowed, & both were wearing lo-cut tops that were a couple sizes too small. However, since the thing was too hard to follow since you couldn't see what was going on, & the director was a devotee' of the herky-jerky school of camera work, I found myself hoping for the female leads to both be dispatched quickly, and one of 'em was. And no, I DON'T have the contrast/brightness control on my TV turned too high-or low- this turkey was simply TOO DARK.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
|