Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
holmesuser01's Avatar
holmesuser01 holmesuser01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,731
Sony KV-1203 request

I rescued a Sony KV-1203 Trinitron yesterday at the dump. Not too sure why, but I thought it looked nice. Got it home, and it works! It is missing a few cosmetic pieces that I would like to find, namely:

The SONY name bezel that goes below the CRT on the front of the set. There are 2 holes in the space where mine goes making me think that there is a bezel with dowels on the back that goes here. It's not a big deal, but it would make the little set look complete.

I would also like to find the original-style VHF rabbit-ears antenna for this set. The Sony number for it is: Y-2201-611-0.

It was built in November of 1975. It appears to have been used by a person that used alot of perfume. When I turn it on, and it gets hot, I really smell the scent.

The only problem I found on it was a bad solder connection on the CRT board that caused the green drive to bounce in-and-out. Checking it with a dot-bar generator produces a beautiful sharp image.

I hope someone here has what I need, or can steer me to a junked KV-1203 that I can get for parts.

Thanks in advance!
Bruce McGee
Asheville, NC
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.