Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Cleve's Avatar
Cleve Cleve is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dalton, NY
Posts: 40
"The Mysterians"

Yesterday, I finally received my DVD of "The Mysterians", a 1957 Japanese Sci-Fi opus that I've wanted to see for more than 30 years now. I remember it was on my local tv station ONCE in the early 70s, but I missed it somehow, dammit. And it never appeared again. The film's title, by the way, was the inspiration for the naming of the 60's pop band "? & the Mysterians".

Well, I got to watch it, in beautiful "Toho-Scope" widescreen! What a blast! Super-weapons, giant robots, and aliens who want to breed with our women! Has an awesome score too, - but sadly the fidelity of the 50's era recording equipment saps most of the majesty from it.

You can watch it with English dubs, or skip that and watch it in Japanese with subtitles. If you like these kind of movies, I highly recommend it!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.