Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
jonnic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Got flyback in,no picture

I got the flyback changed on the Philco today. I tried it out with a vcr. at first the tubes would all glow but I noticed the damper tubr got real red and smoke came out from under it and the breaker would trip. A little part that looks like a resistor with wire wound over it was getting red hot. I went ahead and clipped it and turned it back on. The damper tube looked normal after that and the breaker quit tripping. The neck of the crt glows and all tubes glow but the screen is blank. Also I heard a little bit of sound at the beginning but it quit and now all I get is some static when I turn the volume control. Could that little resistor be the reason for no picture? Would the flyback burning out cause the resistor to go bad? I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to these. Does anyone have any advice?
John
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.