Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 05-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Jeffhs's Avatar
Jeffhs Jeffhs is offline
<----Zenith C845
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fairport Harbor, Ohio (near Lake Erie)
Posts: 4,035
Re: hidden casters on console TVs

Hi Rob -

Don't have to turn it off; it goes out automatically at night. Seriously, I took that picture last year on a very sunny day, which accounts for the window being so bright.

BTW, thanks for the comments on my coffee table. It is part of an entire set of new furniture I bought when I moved here three years ago. What can I say--I like the warm appearance of wood. Every piece of furniture in my apartment is either cherry or oak, and matches everything else.

BTW (2): Did you do any more with that 1949 TV you said (in one of your posts a few months ago) you were going to convert to an entertainment center? If you did, and if I were a betting man (I'm not), I'd bet it looks very nice with the doors and all. I'd hang on to that cabinet if I were you, since this kind of cabinetry is only available nowadays in commercial entertainment centers like Sauder, Bush, et al--and they cost an arm and a leg.

I think recycling old furniture like that, and as I did with my Sauder utility cart, is an excellent idea, and an inexpensive alternative to purchasing an entertainment center. I hope that if you did go ahead and convert that cabinet, you enjoy it for many years to come.

Kind regards,
__________________
Jeff, WB8NHV

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.