Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 11-19-2005, 04:37 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Saw "Walk The Line" Tonight

My wife and I went to see the Johnny Cash biopic tonight.My wife knows very little about him,and has only heard a few songs of his when I play him in the car.
I think Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon do a wonderful job.I think Phoenix gets pretty close to the spirit of his singing style,while Reese nails Carter right on the head.
The movie on the whole is standard biopic fare.I think they spend way too much time on Cash's addiction to pills.It reminded me too much of the story arc in last years RAY.My wife kept asking me about his life and music after the film,and I told her I think they could make three or four really good films on different aspects of his life:His years and experiences while at Sun records.His friendship with Bob Dylan over the years.His years of touring and evangelizing all over the world,etc.
My biggest disapointment was that the Folsom Prison concert sequence was way too short.But the duet there on Jackson is just amazing stuff.
And I really would have loved to hear him,at the end,do Man In Black,which I think gets at a lot of the major contradictions in his life.

Overall,not a bad film.And it made me want to take out all my old Cash records.
Jimmy
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.