Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 05-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Jonathan Jonathan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 326
Ok, well, I replaced the resistor. I then turned it on without the HV rectifier in place, mistakenly forgetting to put it back. I hear a pop, I then immediately turned it off, then I smelled something like a resistor burning. I lifted the chassis up to see nothing burned underneath. So, I then put the rectifier in and still got no raster.

So then I got a green neon bulb and taped it onto a plastic multicolored retractable wand that screwed onto a flashlight. (My brother and I used to hit eachother with it when we were little I turned it on and it glowed green when I placed it by the socket/standoff of the HV rectifier, the cap on top of the rectifier, the cap on the top of the H output tube, and the 1st and 2nd winding connections that connects to the caps.

After leaving it on for a while and seeing the neon glow, I turned it off and touched the HV rectifier and it was cool, not hot like every other tube. It could be bad, or the resistors under the HV rectifier socket could be bad. I'm just not sure. I'm sure that since the neon glowed, it means that the H output and rest of the horizontal section might be good enough to produce a raster.

So then I realized I missed a connection on one of the terminal strips. Appartently I never checked it over as much as I could. So I fix that and try it out. The fuse lamp lights! I put everything together and still no raster. So I got a #44 lamp and connected it to the filament pins of the HV rectifier. I turned it on and it glowed too. I put the HV rectifier back in and still no raster, it never even got hot like the rest of the tubes did. I checked the resistance of the filament and I measure 1.6 ohms.

Could the 1M resistor that is in series with the high voltage DC be open? does it usually fail?

Thanks.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.