Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Charlie's Avatar
Charlie Charlie is offline
On Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Warren, TX
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D.
I went with them to the May Co. and tried like hell to get them to buy a color set.
Wow! The May Company! The only time I hear of the May Co. is on old Jack Benny radio shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Hauris
These magnavoxes use a big kind of unusual audio output tube (6GT5 or something like that). Am not sure if the tube is even active in the combination sets with the astro-sonic stereos.
I noticed that odd looking tube. I had also wondered whether or not it was being used. The TV audio is going thru the big amplifier, but sounds much better than the radio or pluggin a cd player. Next time I take the back off, I am going to pull that tube and see what happens.
__________________
Charlie Trahan


He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.