Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 11-11-2025, 12:39 PM
vol.2's Avatar
vol.2 vol.2 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Actually I didn’t think the second photo of the set looked too bad. Some of that bowing of the picture lines you have highlighted look like pincushion circuit issues. Might want to replace electrolytics in that circuit.
All of the electrolytics have been replaced. They all tested way out and some of them were open or had destroyed legs.


In any case, I'm pretty sure I found the smoking gun. If you look at this portion of the schematic, I circled where I found a missing voltage on the collector of Q512. It's called the convergence output on the Sam's, but the SONY service manual calls it the HOT. It's supposed to have a 750Vpkpk signal on it, but it doesn't get anywhere near that high, and it's supposed to be 108VDC, but I only measure ~1.6V. There is about 114V present on the other side of that inductor.

Amazingly, there's enough travel in the screen geometry controls to bring it up to about the correct size when the HV Size are at their full travel, but I think this is why the geometry is messed up, and also why there is an uneven brightness on the raster (because I have to use the HCENT to shift the screen all the way to one side).

I found a transistor to replace it, but it will be some time before it comes in the mail.

Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.