Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 09-14-2022, 01:51 PM
Lain94's Avatar
Lain94 Lain94 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 145
Hypothetical best performance from an all tube color tv

This was just a thought I was wondering, and I figured people on this forum would be able to give a more informed answer to it than I could since I am very unfamiliar still with vacuum tube electronics. Are there ANY performance advantages a vacuum tube tv set would have over a solid state crt tv or even a LCD TV ect. (whether in sound, color, tuning, reliability, contrast) I know vacuum tube sound is supposed to be "warmer" but I don't really know the actual scientific or measured differences.

I know CRTs have very good refresh rates, so much so that many gamers from my generation are still aggressively seeking out many remaining CRTs to play high speed action based games on them since LCD screens seem to be rather laggy.

Thought experiment: A custom built all vacuum tube tv set with a modern trinitron style CRT with ultra fine dot pitch like in a high end computer monitor.

I know the ability or cost to make such a thing would probably be crazy high, but I can dream of such a thing right? lol

Regardless of whether there is any objective performance advantage I still am fascinated by how designers were able to make such impressive devices back in the 50s and 60s it is a testament to ingenuity and quality.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.