Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 12-17-2020, 11:32 PM
Penthode's Avatar
Penthode Penthode is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,463
Been spending a number of hours working on my CTC-5N.

I gave my 21AXP22A a rejuvinate. A few years ago I attempted to with no apparent effect. The tube did not look like it had many hours and the set had sat unused for at least 35 years before I got my hands on it. I was more aggressive as I had nothing to lose and the red gun came back and it stills appears to be running fine after six hours.

I fixed the purity with the edge magnets. The biggest problem was the black and white tracking. Found that a number of resistors have driffted upward 100% to 300% around the color difference amplfiers.

I made a chassis mod in the RCA latest chassis itteration (1957) to the color difference grid bias/ clamp input reduced the color difference amplifier temperature (tube envelope not color) because of the lower plate current with a slight raise in plate voltage.

Went through the setup with special attention to the black and white tracking. I found there was too much Green gain as I could not get rid of a gren cast in the whites. I cheated by moving the green cathode down the 2nd video amp plate load divider to the same point as the Blue cathode. The tracking is very good now and it maintains a good black and white irrespective of brightness and contrast setting.

I attached the original and revised diagrams and some screenshots of my resulting efforts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CTC5N Original.jpg (147.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg CTC5N Revised.jpg (150.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg RH1.jpg (51.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg RH3.jpg (50.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg RH4.jpg (50.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Penthode; 12-18-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.