Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:26 AM
decojoe67's Avatar
decojoe67 decojoe67 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by static1701 View Post
I ordered all the replacement caps today. I had to get the Factory service manual because the numbers on the board did not match the numbers in the Sams parts list. I am debating removing the board from the chassis or just clip and solder. I don't really care about keeping it original... I just want it to work correctly.
A friend of mine has done vintage TV repairs since the '60's, and a countless number of Predicta's. He laughs at the hassle most people make out of repairing them. The as-found Debutante I have, he repaired while I waited without removing anything. The sets been working fine for me 10 years later. It's nice doing an intense restoration of any old chassis, but it isn't necessary - and sometimes will cause more problems.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.