Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:58 PM
user181 user181 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 462
GE PortaColor Info Wanted!

I've often wondered about all the feature variations, etc. of the PortaColor over the years, and am now making a meager attempt to try to collate all the tidbits into a database. As a first pass, I made a spreadsheet of model numbers harvested from the Sams website, along with their corresponding Photofacts, and I've put the spreadsheet on Google Docs.

My request is that anyone who is interested would add to the spreadsheet any & all details about each model number, including its features, cabinet style/color, etc. Also, to let me know if there are any missing model numbers in my list.

What would also be great is if anyone knows if there was a "magic decoder ring" that explains what each character in the model number signified.

I have shared the spreadsheet at the following link. Anyone can view & comment on it, but if you'd like to edit, you need a Google account and to contact me so that I can give you write access.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GP8SKSV7EBjYWrVu7AtFUl2oU7p1eyz8LaaJfeEFIYk/edit?usp=docslist_api

I'd like to make this into a shared resource for the community, not just limited to model number details, but also other relevant info on operation & repair of these sets.

Please let me know what you think, and if you can contribute info.

Thanks!

Last edited by user181; 10-30-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.