Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-19-2015, 06:11 PM
fixmeplease fixmeplease is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 240
Resistor Question

1963 Zenith 16k27 chassis, BW, that my Dad bought new.

I'm slowly looking over things before i start on this, the 1st TV Ive done. I am far from being a pro, having only recapped a few radios with success.

Going thru the resistors, not lifting a leg but testing them attached, I have found 14 resistors out of spec. This TV has sat 40 years or more, but I'm wondering if that is way out of line as it seems like a lot of bad resistors?

I havent played with the tubes much but do have at least 3 bad, plus the caps to replace of course.

Are all the bad resistors a sign that there may be other serious problems and i should just forget this project and move onto something else? or is it somewhat normal? I keep reading how good these zeniths are so it seemed odd to me. I have 0 dollars into it so far, just my time. Thanks for you answers in advance.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.