Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12-14-2013, 10:10 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
GE 19" CTC136 from '89

I bought this at an estate sale today and need it like I need a hole in the head - a 19" GE cable ready/remote controlled color TV using the CTC136 chassis. I fixed a load of these back in the day and the main problems I had with them was bad connections in the tuner module, as well as a leaky on/off transistor inside the MTT tuner control module. Being from '89, this is actually a Thomson-era set. I also have the '87 version of this set with knob tuners.

They had $20 on it; but, they let me have it for $12. They also had a newer BPC 27" Sanyo for $35; which, I left. People were walking past those two TV's like they didn't exist; but, the big flatscreen had a sold sign on it. I guess I'll put this set in the pile of spare TV's.

This set has a pretty good picture; but, I'll probably check the tuner connections and tweak the sound coil (the sound is a little distorted/raspy and that was also a common problem on '80's RCA's).

This same TV was also sold as an RCA XL100.



Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.