![]() |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Buzzed over on lunch, since it was right around the corner. Yep, just as you guys said, it's a Chromacolor
![]() The picture doesn't show its real condition, however. The top was badly water damaged.....it was as if the color was washed right out of the wood on the end towards the front, and there was mild water or mildew on the left side (if I had to guess, it was from some kind of roof leak). I talked to the people running the sale, and they told me that they had plugged it in, but that it didn't work...tubes lit up, but nothing more. The guy running the show was told it needs a "high voltage vacuum tube". Price was $35, probably could have got it for $20, but passed. If one of you needs a parts set I'll go back for it tomorrow, if not, it'll just meet whatever fate awaits.....
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia." |
|
|