Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM
legenbass77 legenbass77 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 44
I found a GE Porta Color!

I found it at a local estate sale yesterday, and it's a non-smoker set. Model WAHE5223RW Chassis 10HE. I have been wanting a tube set ever since my RCA CTC 53 got tossed years ago. I don't have a lot of room, and thought a Porta Color would be a good choice. Never thought I'd stumble onto one so quickly, and so close to home! This is the first Porta Color I've owned, so what are some things to be on the lookout for with these sets? Does anyone have a schematic for the 10HE? It works pretty well as found, but did turn down the screen controls, and contrast. Someone had them nearly all the way up for some reason. I figured that was just driving the crt too hard, and have them about a 1/2 turn up or so from minimum, still have plenty of brightness, backed off the contrast 1/4 turn from max, and it still looks decent. It does have a color problem as seen in picture 2. The redder part of the screen slowly scrolls from bottom to top then the blue section appears at the bottom followed by the red section again. I can clear it by turning down the color to minimum, then maxing it out, and back to normal range. About a minute or two later it begins the color scroll again. It quits doing it after around 15-20 minutes of operation, and plays flawlessly. Very happy with it though! I've been watching it the past two evenings, and heard two snaps yesterday, but none at all today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1669.jpg (62.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1707.jpg (138.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1710.jpg (99.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1742.jpg (37.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1746.jpg (30.8 KB, 26 views)
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.