Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
Smile Zenith Custom 23 Super H Chassis: FIXED

So here I am on the next one . Here's where we stand....

Did a basic recap of the mylars. Hoping that the filters were good, just because I get lucky once in a while on 1960s Zeniths . It's not proving to be the case.

Attached is a pic of what I'm getting on the screen at the moment, perfect sound, and I can adjust the picture to come in great with great sync lock, even if it's only 2" tall.....lol.

Two other things I need to point out. First, the flyback's plastic coating seems to have melted off, and is sitting in the bottom of the HV cage. Ever eat a DQ Dilly Bar, and one of the pieces of the chocolate coating comes off in the shape of the bar, kinda rounded? That's what the flyback coating looks like. It's not arcing, but wanted opinions to see if I can re-seal it somehow.

Second, is this really weird 3 wire disc cap. It says 87* on it, and to be honest, I can't ever remember seeing one like this before that needed replacement. It's cracked like dry dirt in the center, so I'm assuming that it needs to be replaced. But with what?

NOW.....yes, I know that I'm going to have to do the filters, as much as I dislike doing them . That's next. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the rest?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0506132102.jpg (65.0 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 0506132150.jpg (40.6 KB, 115 views)
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.