Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
Teknika TV's

Is Teknika a store brand or was it just another cheap brand that showed up at discount stores? Over the years, I've had a few Teknika branded TV from the late '70's-early '80's. The one Teknika console I had looked like a Wells-Gardner built TV. The few portables I had looked Japanese built.

Today, I was at the flea market and spotted a white plastic semi-space age looking 13" Teknika color TV from '76. I figured I could get it for $5-$10; but, WRONG. I asked the lady at the counter about the TV and she said that it was owned by an 85 year old woman who had some sort of matching pole stand to go with the TV and she wanted $75 for the TV and the stand. I told the lady at the counter that the price was much too high. She told me that they tried to tell the owner that she'd never get that much for the TV; but, she's one of those "know it all" types who's convinced the TV is worth that much.

I thought to myself, "She probably 'researched it' online and found some joker asking that much for one; so, hers is now worth that much. Maybe after it's still sitting there months, or years, from now; she might get the message.

At least her TV was in good shape and the white cabinet had not turned yellow. I don't know about the working condition; but, most of those mid '70's solid state 13" color TV's had good pictures.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.