Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Emerson 639 restoration

Here's a closer look at the Emerson 639 I just picked up at the ARCI swapfest. The cabinet could use some new veneer, the tuner is rusty and the HV cover is missing. Other than that it's in decent shape.

About 2/3 of the tubes appear to be Emerson branded.









I found the service info in Riders vol 4 and was surprised to see just a single selenium rectifier rather than a voltage doubler configuration.
So this set runs on just 120 VDC and I suspect rather cool. I wonder how well it will perform ?
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery

Last edited by bandersen; 08-08-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: fixed typos
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.