Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 03-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I brought the 15 incher in tonight and pulled the back off, lots of black dust but not bad overall, wetness was apparently minimal, more like light splattering than a soaking.

Running it off the Isolation transformer to drop the voltage and keep it running I get 139 volts across the main filter cap.

Measuring from filter negative to the Regulator I get .5v 12v and 0.0 volts, left to right looking at it face on.

Measured from chassis ground (a shield) I get -12v, 0.0v -12v
Nothing seems to be getting hot.

If I plug it into the wall and let it go into shutdown I get roughly half the voltage on the Regulator but I get about 166 volts on the Filter cap.

I'm not sure I'm measuring where I should, should I pull the Regulator and do a Diode check on it? The first two legs read pretty much shorted in circuit but that might be normal of course.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.