Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
mirayge's Avatar
mirayge mirayge is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Armpit of the Prairie.
Posts: 20
Adjusting newer sets.

How do you adjust color and brightness on non-collector sets? I'm talking about sub $40, generaly silver with side speakers. I crank the heck out of the contrast and lower the brightness until the picture isn't washed out. Then I use Days of Our Lives (NBC seems to be using all their peacock colors in HD produced shows) to do the tint adjustment. Getting hospital scrub green and natural skin tones is a PIA, some tubes can't do it. Color is then adjusted to where red is natural. The final test is to play Queen - We Will Rock You through the component inputs. If I say 'WOW' it is perfect.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.