Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
Anyone make a DECENT VHS/DVD combo?

I've been thinking about purchasing such a unit; but, mostly all I see are those Funai built plastic jobs that have many different brand names on them. I can't tell you how many of those I have tossed because either the cheap VCR mechanism fails, the DVD mechanism fails, or they die all together. And, their cheap construction does not make for easy service. If these cheap Funai's are my only option, I'll probably do without.

I know there are likely no current VHS transports being made that are as well made as our old '80's VCR's; but, I hope there is something out there that's better than a Funai. A metal case and built in ATSC tuner with RF output would also be a big plus.

I might even go for a VHS/DVD recorder if I can find a good one. I have a lot of VHS tapes that I'd like to transfer to DVD.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.