Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 AM
cbenham's Avatar
cbenham cbenham is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferman View Post
Whoa! There are really a lot of old dudes in the audience, aren't there Pete?
HA! I resemble that remarque!

My first color experience was when I lived in St. Petersburg, FL.

I saw the Howdy Doody Show in 1957 on a CTC-4 at the home of the owner of the TV shop where I hung out after school. I went to school with his kids and got invited over that day. The color was great since the set was set up by an RCA field service tech who visited the shop every few months.

Later I got to watch Bonanza and The Perry Como Show every couple of weeks. More really great color...

With regard to "Matinee Theater" I remember watching a few minutes of that at the TV shop, when, during the course of the show, a lady appeared on camera wearing a brilliant blue dress. She had very blonde hair, but her red lipstick was smeared about three inches to the right of her mouth, hanging there in thin air! Can you say differential phase and gain???
Cliff

Last edited by cbenham; 12-03-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.