Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
julianburke julianburke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 649
Estate Sale find

I went to an estate sale today and found a TV that I haven't seen before. It was one of the 25" Sylvania Super Sets in a super fantastic "Designer Series III" cabinet with tone controls. Looked kind of danish modern with a short pedestial but was in super mint condition. With original remote, worked and was made in 1982. They wanted $45 for it but said they would reduce the price much further. These sets must be pretty rare because it is the first one I have seen except in pictures. Must have cost a pretty penny too.

Anyone know much about these? Should I have bought it? I'm only speaking of the designer cabinet as it was one I haven't seen before. The chassis is one that I have worked on 100's of and don't care about. They were made in Greenville, Tn., (my backyard) and it was a georgeous set!

I have so many sets that now I am out of room for the time being. I gave the woman my telephone number that if she didn't sell it to call me. There's always room for one more if I stack it.
__________________
julian

Last edited by julianburke; 02-14-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.