![]() |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Color?
When I downloaded the photofact I got all excited because they showed an optional circuit for connecting a color adapter! But, I can't find a connector or switch that would be present. I guess it must be for a different version of the chassis.
I could add it, but it wouldn't be historically correct. I wonder which model actually had it. It would be fun to build a col-r-tel. It shows the set using either a 16KP4 or a 16TP4, so I guess it has the original CRT. Other versions of the chassis used a 16GP4B. It appears that someone has re-soldered the CRT base. It needs to be glued back on, or at least handled with great care. I tested the CRT with a B&K 465. It appeared to be dead, but eventually woke up to about 340 uA emission and a life of 5 seconds. The G1 cutoff is slightly out of range, but not bad. It looks like it's not strong, but probably usable. Any opinions out there about the emission I measured? There is a switch and an input for a turntable. I wonder if it had a matching turntable and what it looked like? John |
|
|