Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Talking Got a 621TS

Well I never thought i would own one of these but finally after three agonizing weeks the 621TS I won on eBay is here safe and sound!
I was afraid to say much about it earlier for fear of jinxing it

This set is in amazing condition and 100% complete. The finish has the usual crazing in the lacquer but the shine is still there after 58 years. The seller said it had been sitting in a bedroom covered with a sheet for 40+ years and I believe it.

The CRT was a little sluggish but it wound up high in the green after warming up a bit and a few seconds at an elevated voltage. Checked it again after cool down and it went right up to good.

I powered it up through a light bulb and it wasn't dead shorted so I tried it directly, the 5U4 plates started turning red so I shut it down, this will need recapped, as expected. I suppose I will want to restuff the caps on this one to preserve the OEM appearance, ugh, lots of work
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.