Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 01-19-2009, 02:27 AM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
I remember when The Tonight Show and a few others started being in stereo in 1985. Our lousy cable-TV system in Burlingame, California filtered out the stereo subcarrier, though, but the pilot tone would still light up the stereo indicator light on my Super Beta VCR. Then, I tried a rabbit-ear antenna and got an excellent signal from NBC Channel 4 and started recording lots of shows.

That was only a few months after I had first ever had cable TV, and one of numerous bad experiences with cable until I finally dumped it for good in 1995.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.