Quote:
Originally Posted by Justen
Nah, you'd need a DVE for that, this thing would only give a corner of the second video.
Video production technology is one example where newer is unquestionably superior to vintage. I have no interest in going back to setting up tube cameras, optimizing quad tape machines or dealing with TBC's....
It might have use as parts, I suppose. My son used an old switcher as his "rocket ship controller" for several years, so it had some intrinsic value.
|
Well Yeah a DVE would work better , but it isn't old School!!! We had to use a sharpie to draw lines on our camera monitors to frame a shot for a wipe frame shot.
Out of all the videos i have seen on youtube , I haven't seen any videos recorded with a old fashioned B&W camera that has comet tails, flairing and other video defects, Logan