Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 10-29-2008, 09:10 AM
ihmeyers ihmeyers is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South East Florida
Posts: 102
Unhappy Bad Tube In My '66 Admiral ?

I fear a tube is going bad in the recently set-up (with the help of the board) Admiral.

Shortly after I turn it on, maybe 2-3 minutes it the video flickers, not jumps but kind of flickers. I'm not doing a great job of describing it but it would be analagous to the noise a gassy audio output tube makes, almost like a sputtering. It will do that for a few seconds and then settle down, but might do it again another 2-3 times in a half hour period. What is (are) the likely suspects? I'm hoping its simply a tube going bad but without knowing which one it is there isn't much I can do other than replace a bunch of them. My wife made me discard my old tube tester a while back (no room).

Any help greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.