Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 06-14-2008, 10:15 PM
N9ZQA's Avatar
N9ZQA N9ZQA is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Joliet, Illinois
Posts: 161
Diode question

Hi all -

I think at least one of the diodes in my 1965 Admiral's rectifier bridge has opened up. I was watching the set the other night and suddenly the picture got small and blurry along with a little hum in the audio. Powered it off as quickly as I could and haven't turned it back on except for a few seconds of attempted troubleshooting. It looks like it's indeed running on 1/2 wave instead of full wave - still have sound, brightness, H and V hold do something (but no sync), etc. but it appears as though the B+ is way low.

Anyway, my question is this: The diodes listed in the Sam's are 1N1095 or 1N1696, listed as 500-750PIV, 600-750mA. I've got a whole bunch of 1N4007s laying around (1000PIV,1A). I know the ratings exceed the originals, but are there any caveats to replacing the old diodes with the 1N4007s? I plan on replacing all 4 while I'm in there - if this is indeed the problem. Hopefully will get to crack it open sometime this week...

Thanks!

-Jim
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.